In the Manifesto I had a personal connection with the mentioning of living life and enjoying the time you have here on earth. Berry is telling people to live carefree and stand for what you believe in, I had a deep connection to this because it related strongly with my Personal Mission Statement. It seemed me and Wendell Berry had to same meaning or outlook on life.
In The Making of a Marginal Farm I really felt no connection with the reading. I have never ran my own farm and really don't understand how one works. But, Berry did use vivid description when describing the surrounding area of his farm, which did paint a mental picture in my mind. I believe his intent for the piece was to inform people that it is possible to live off the land and when you replenish or return things to the earth it will return them back to you in time.
Friday, June 25, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment